What Happens if I am Suspended?
- You cannot attend Minnesota State Mankato for one full calendar year.
- Suspensions may also affect your ability to take classes elsewhere.
- You apply for reinstatement to return after a full calendar year.
- If you had documentable extenuating circumstances or made significant progress during your most recent semester, and you have completed a Student Success Plan with University Advising or your college advising office, you may be eligible to return earlier through the Early Reinstatement Process.
- Financial Aid is on "Suspension"-> After successfully completing the academic reinstatement process, you can appeal this status to try and be eligible for aid. Contact Campus Hub for details specific to your financial aid status (507) 389-1866
You are on Academic Suspension because of the following:See More See Less
- Your total credit completion rate is below 66.67%
- Your local GPA (Minnesota State University GPA) does not meet the following GPA stated in the table below.
Total Attempted Number of Credits Local GPA 0-30 1.7 31-59 1.85 60+ 2.0
- Both 1 and 2 are true.
Transfer credits from other institutions are calculated as part of Satisfactory Academic Progress credit completion rate. Your total cumulative credit completion rate is considered in your academic standing.See More See Less
Transfer credits from other institutions are not calculated as part of Satisfactory Academic Progress GPA.
However they do count toward the total number of credits attempted which determines what GPA you need to achieve. Only your local cumulative GPA (MSU GPA) is considered for your academic standing.
- Bring your cumulative MSU GPA and Cumulative Completion Rate up to good standing requirements OR
- Earn a term GPA of 2.5 and a term Completion Rate of 66.67%
To get back to good standing, you must maintain a Cumulative Completion Rate of 66.67% and achieve the following MSU GPA associatd with the number of attempted credits as seen in the table below.
|Number of Credits||MSU GPA|
- Academic Warning, Probation and Suspension Policy
- Reinstatement Application Process (Standard and Early Reinstatement)
- Financial Aid Reinstatement Information
- Center for Academic Success (Tutoring): Memorial Library Rm 125, (507) 389-1791
- Writing Center: Memorial Library Rm 125, (507) 389-1791
- Math, Science and Business Center: Memorial Library Rm 125, (507) 389-1791
- Counseling Center: Centennial Student Union Rm 205, (507) 389-1455
- Accessibility Resources: Memorial Library Rm 132, (507) 389-2825
- Campus Hub/Financial Aid: 1st Floor Centennial Student Union, (507) 389-1866