What Happens When I am on Academic Warning?
- You will be notified of your warning status in an e-mail from the Office of the Provost in Academic Affairs
- A registration hold is placed on your account while on academic warning. This hold is meant to protect you from making an uninformed decision. You will work with a University Advisor to take care of this hold.
- Your Financial Aid is on "WARNING". Please contact Campus Hub, (507) 389-1866, for details on your specific financial aid status.
- You will need to work with University Advising to discuss your academic standing and to develop a student success plan.
- You will receive information via phone and email from University Advising with steps you need to take, and requirements of your academic warning status.
What should I do if I am on Academic Warning?
- University Advising will contact you at the beginning of the semester.
- You will need to attend a student success retreat.
- Throughout the semester, you will meet with an advisor with University Advising. Ideally, you will have 4 meetings throughout the semester.
- During meeting 1 you will:
- Go over how you feel about the semester and why you are on academic warning
- Fill out an individualized Student Success Plan
- Determine what you need to achieve for the semester to get back to good academic standing
- Go over any other concerns or achievements you want to share
- Meeting 2 will be a check-in.
- How you are doing during the semester
- What is going right
- How confident you feel about the semester
- Meeting 3 will be a conversation about classes
- If you feel like you need to withdraw from courses
- Discuss some registration plans
- During this meeting, you will receive the University Advising Course Schedule Form to complete with your major advisor
- Meeting 4 will be a short check-in
- Discuss the proposed courses you plan to take for the following semester
- Your progress in the current semester
- Your total credit completion rate is below 66.67%
- Your local GPA (Minnesota State University GPA) does not meet the following GPA stated in the table below.
Total Attempted Credits Local GPA 0-30 1.7 31-59 1.85 60+ 2.0
- Both 1 and 2 are true.
Transfer credits from other institutions are calculated as part of credit completion rate requirements. Your total cumulative credit completion rate is considered in your academic standing.See More See Less
Transfer credits from other institutions are not calculated as part of GPA requirements.
However transfer credits do count toward the total number of credits attempted to determine what GPA you need to achieve. Only your local cumulative GPA (Minnesota State Univeristy, Mankato GPA) is considered for your academic standing.
- Bring your cumulative Minnesota State University, Mankato GPA and credit completion rate up to good standing requirements OR
- Earn a term/semester GPA of 2.5+ and a term/semester completion rate of 66.67%+
To get back to good standing, you must
- Maintain a credit completion rate of 66.67%
- Achieve a Minnesota State Univeristy GPA based on the table below:
|Total number of Attempted Credits||Local GPA|
- Accessibility Resources: Memorial Library 132, (507) 389-2825
- Campus Hub/Financial Aid: 1st Floor Centennial Student Union, (507) 389-1866
- Center for Academic Success (Tutoring): Memorial Library Rm 125, (507) 389-1791
- Counseling Center: Centennial Student Union Rm 205, (507) 389-1455
- Financial Aid Reinstatement Information
- Math, Science and Business Center: Memorial Library Rm 125, (507) 389-1791
- Writing Center: Memorial Library Rm 125, (507) 389-1791