Microsoft Teams for Teaching and Learning
What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is a digital hub that brings conversations, meetings, files and apps together in a single experience in Office 365.
Looking for information on departmental usage? Learn more about Teams for departments.
Teams in the Classroom
Teachers can move quickly and easily from conversations to content creation with context, continuity, and transparency. Microsoft Teams addresses the unique needs of different groups and enables them to work together easily and get things done:
- Manage projects, tasks, and content using the applications that you use every day—all available in a single, custom workspace
- Stay in the know with real-time information and updates shared in persistent team conversations, private chats (these can be moderated, if needed), team meetings, and other channels
- Support rich collaboration and seamless experiences with integrated apps from Office 365 like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote Class Notebook
- Communicate in real-time with audio, video, and screensharing both in and out of your organization. It is easy to create, join, and share your meeting directly from Microsoft Teams and from D2L Brightspace (See Helpful Links).
View Microsoft Teams for Education course on LinkedIn Learning
- Microsoft Teams Getting Started Guide for Educators
- Meetings in Microsoft Teams
- Create and Add a Microsoft Teams Meeting Quicklink in D2L Brightspace
- Microsoft Teams Support
- Accessibility Support
Find Microsoft Teams
- Login to your MavMail account on any web browser with your Star ID credentials.
- Click the waffle icon in the top right corner.
- Locate Microsoft Teams from the drop down.
- If you do not see Microsoft Teams, click the All apps arrow link at the top right of the menu to see more.
- You can also download the Microsoft Teams app from your device's app store and sign in with your MavMail credentials.