Audit Grades (AU)Page address: https://www.mnsu.edu/registrar/audit.html
Auditing a course allows a student to take a class without the benefit of a grade or credit for a course. A student who audits a course does so for the purposes of self-enrichment and academic exploration.
- Students may register for courses as auditors by choosing the grading method of “AU” at the time of registration.
- Auditing means performance in the course is not evaluated for a grade.
- Students need to notify the instructor the first day of the course of the intent to audit.
- The deadline to change the grading method for audited courses is the same as for Graded/Pass/NC courses.
- Upon completion of the course, the instructor will enter the grade of “AU.”
Students auditing a course:
- are required to pay full tuition and fees
- are not responsible to take exams and are not required to do homework
- are listed on the class roster (grade report)
- are counted as registered students
- may not attend a course without registering for it.
- will not have the credit(s) count towards graduation requirements.
Instructors are required to provide the same services to auditing students as given other students who are registered for credit.
For more information on the grading policy, go tohttps://www.mnsu.edu/atoz/policies/grading.pdf
Questions concerning term grades should be directed to
room: WA 132; phone:389-2577