In Progress Grades

Page address:

The grade of in progress or "IP" is reserved for special cases and means that the particular course is not designed to be completed by the end of the term.

An in progress grade must be made up by the student during the next year in which they are enrolled, unless other arrangements have been made with the instructor. If the instructor does wish more time to be granted, they must file an extension with the Office of the Registrar.  When an in progress grade is made up, the instructor reports the completed grade to the Office of the Registrar using a Grade Change form.

When in progress grades are not made up within the specified time, they automatically become either "F" 's (graded courses) or "NC" 's (P/N courses).

Students making up in progress grades should not re-register for the class.

Questions concerning in progress grades should be directed to

Records and Grades

room:  WA 132; phone:  389-2577