The Early Registration window opens 5 school days prior the first regular registration day. Note: Incoming freshman are not eligible to utilize the Early Registration process due to the timing of orientation.
An e-mail with the instructions below is sent to eligible students three weeks in advance to allow time to schedule appointments with advisors. Please plan accordingly and make the advisor meeting a priority.
The Registration Help Center staff is also available for any questions regarding how to use E-Services or other related registration questions. They can be reached at email@example.com or by phone at 507-389-2252. They are located on the first floor of the Wigley Administration Building (WA 132).
The following are the instructions for Early Registration:
- Log into the E-Services website to check for any holds that would prevent you from registering for classes. Once you have logged in, click on “Courses and Registration” and then “Check Registration Holds.”
- Resolve all registration holds. (For example: parking tickets, overdue books, academic probation or suspension issues) Go to the Registrar Registration Holds site to see where to go to resolve a hold.
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor to review the course schedule and identify any courses that require faculty permission and/or pre-requisite courses. Obtain faculty permissions if needed.
- Use the Class Schedule Builder tool to select courses and sections that will best meet your needs. The instructions on how to use the Class Schedule Builder are listed on the middle of the screen under the calendar.
- Put your classes in your registration cart by clicking on the “Register for Classes” button located on the right of the screen. Make sure to enter your Tech ID and pin and click register to ensure they go into your course cart.
- To register for courses, go to E-Services website.
- Under “Courses and Registration” click “Course Cart”. After putting check marks in each box, click “Register for Selected Courses”.
- Make sure you “check out” by entering your tech id and password. Print a copy of your class schedule to verify that your registration was processed and make sure to log out if using a public computer.