City and Local Affairs Committee
Student Government City and local Affairs Coordinator
Student Government Legislative Affairs Coordinator
Vacant - Students United Legislative Affairs Specialist
Convened at the call of the Student Government City and Local Affairs Coordinator.
Appointed From Student Government
- Vacant - Student United Legislative Affairs Specialist
- Alex Wood - Student Government City and Local Affairs Coordinator
- Vacant - Legislative Affairs Committee Chair
From Other Constituencies
According to the Bylaws - Article IV, Section 6
A Legislative Affairs Committee shall be responsible for monitoring legislation at the state and federal levels. Other duties of the committee shall include, but not be limited to, organizing lobby days at the capitols, and organizing letter writing campaigns.
The voting membership of the Legislative Affairs Committee shall consist of the Student United Legislative Specialist Article V, Section 6 of these Bylaws, and others as appointed by the Student Government President and confirmed by the Senate. The Student Government Legislative Affairs Coordinator, if not the same person as the Students United Legislative Affairs Specialist, shall serve as an ex-officio, non-voting member.
The Chair of the Legislative Affairs Committee or an appropriate designee will report as scheduled by the Speaker, to the Senate on committee actions and provide the Speaker with any meeting minutes.
According to the Bylaws - Article V, Section 6
Legislative Affairs Specialist
A Students United Legislative Affairs Specialist shall be appointed by the Student Government President.
The Student United Legislative Affairs Specialist will be expected to:
- Serve on the Student Government Legislative Affairs Committee.
- Coordinate Lobby Core efforts with other Students United Campus Legislative Affairs Specialists.
- Attend regular Students United Campus Committee meetings.
- Attend Students United Legislative Affairs functions and meetings.
- Attend Cabinet meetings to inform Student Government leadership of state-wide and federal issues regarding legislative affairs.
- Perform all tasks delegated by the President, Students United Presidential Board of Directors and the Students United executive staff.