Library and Bookstore Advisory Committee
Library and Bookstore Advisory Committee Chair
Election of Chair Pending
To Be Announced
Appointed from Student Government
- Nitiben Parekh
From Other Constituencies
- Michael Gutierre - Library Staff Member
- Steve Johnson - Library Staff Member
- Darcy Strode - Library Staff Member
- Mark Constantine - Centennial Student Union Director
- Samuel Gunter - Maverick Shop Manager
- David Cowan - Representative
- Christopher Corley - Dean of Library and Learning
- Kellian Clink - IFO
- Diane Lochner - IFO Faculty
According to the Bylaws - Article IV, Section 4
Library and Bookstore Advisory Committee
The Library Advisory Committee exists to promote interaction between the Library and the University bookstore and the students. The committee shall be responsible for investigating, evaluating, and recommending necessary course of action to the appropriate authorities in the following, but not limited to these areas:
- Provisions of the contract between the bookstore and University.
- Policy and procedures of the bookstore regarding the pricing and promotion of goods sold in the Bookstore.
- Buyback policy and procedures of the Bookstore.
- Complaints against the Bookstore and the Library.
- All policy and procedural changes within the Library and Bookstore.
- The Maverick Textbook Reserve Program (through its Maverick Textbook Reserve Subcommittee).
- Policy and procedures of the Library as a whole.
Library and Bookstore Advisory Committee voting membership shall consist of:
- Six (6) students, a minimum of two (2) of which serve as Senators. All students will be appointed by the President and confirmed by Senate.
- Three (3) Library Staff Members appointed by the Dean of Library and Learning.
- Two (2) faculty members appointed by the local President of the IFO (Inter-Faculty Association).
- One (1) Representative appointed by the Vice President of Finance and Administration as an ex-officio, non-voting member.
- The Director of the Centennial Student Union as an ex-officio, non-voting member.
- The Manager of the Maverick Shop as an ex-officio, non-voting member.
- The Dean of Library and Learning as an ex-officio, non-voting member.
The Chair of the Library and Bookstore Advisory Committee (or an appropriate designee) will report as scheduled by the Speaker, to the Senate on committee actions and provide the Speaker with any meeting minutes. The Chair shall be elected from within the committee and shall meet regularly with the Dean of Library and Learning as well the the Bookstore Manager. The Dean of Library and Learning and/or Manager of the Maverick Shop shall convene the first meeting to elect a Chair from among the student members. The Library and Bookstore Advisory Committee shall meet at a minimum three times a semester and/or as needed. One meeting shall be about the Library and another about the Bookstore. Any meetings outside the three can be on any subject between the two but must be communicated to all stakeholders. Jurisdictions cannot overlap and meetings must either be about the Library or the Bookstore but not both except for the first meeting.
Maverick Textbook Reserve Subcommittee. The Library and Bookstore Advisory Committee shall have a Subcommittee that shall oversee the Maverick Textbook Reserve. The Maverick Textbook Reserve Subcommittee shall be responsible for promoting the Maverick Textbook Reserve Program though intensive information campaigns with faculty leadership, individual faculty members, and the student body at large. The program, which is a partnership with Student Government, Library Services, and the Maverick Shop, is housed within the Subcommittee and consists of:
- Three (3) students. One of whom shall be the appointed chair who shall be appointed by the Student Government President and confirmed by the Senate.
- One (1) representative from the the IFO (Inter-Faculty Association) who is a member of the Library and Bookstore Advisory Committee.
- Manager Bookstore (Maverick Shop).
- One (1) Library staff member from the Library and Bookstore Advisory Committee.
The Maverick Textbook Reserve Subcommittee shall meet at least twice a semester.