J-1/J-2 Employment

As a J-1 student visa holder, you may be eligible for employment throughout your time at Minnesota State Mankato.  Whether it is an hourly paid position in the library or academic training, you will find the information you need to stay-in-status regarding employment on your J-1 visa here.

On-Campus Employment Academic Training Serious Economic Circumstances


J-2 Dependent Employment USCIS Employment FAQ

Walk-In Immigration Advising

The Kearney INTERNATIONAL Center will continue to advise students virtually WITH SOME IN-PERSON TIMES AVAILABLE. You can book a virtual meeting via MavConnect or by emailing your advisor. Click here and follow the instructions to meet with your immigration advisor online.