International Maverick Scholarship
UPDATE: Starting in August 2023, IMS eligibility is based on the total number of volunteer hours submitted and academic requirements.
To maintain the IMS, students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Maintain valid F-1 or J-1 immigration status
- Achieve a term GPA of 2.5 or a cumulative Minnesota State Mankato GPA of 3.0
- Successfully earn/complete a minimum of 12 credits each semester (completed credits are grades A-D and P. F, W, I, IP and NC do not count)
- Complete 30 hours of volunteer service each academic year
Students who do not meet the scholarship requirements at the end of the spring 2024 semester will lose their scholarship for summer 2024 and the 2024-2025 academic year.
All students must submit their IMS event and experience hours by Friday, April 26th, 2024.
IMPORTANT UPDATES; Read carefully
- Starting in August 2023, IMS eligibility is based on the total number of volunteer hours submitted and academic requirements.
- Pre-approved activities have changed. Paid activities do not count towards the IMS.
- MavCentral is the best place to look for and sign up for IMS events and experiences.
Refer to videos below for specific instructions on how to navigate MavCentral, find opportunities, and record your IMS service hours.