Registration Cancellation for Nonpayment Procedure
All students must meet minimum financial requirements to remain enrolled each semester. Student accounts are reviewed in advance of the published Registration Guarantee Dates; accounts that do not meet the requirements are subject to registration cancellation for nonpayment.
Note some actions taken to meet the minimum financial requirements may not be immediately reflected on student accounts; students can verify updated Registration Cancellation for Nonpayment status on the Bills and Payment page on e-services. A green checkmark next to the message means requirements have been met; a red X next to the message means your registration is still at risk of cancellation for nonpayment.
Students at risk of registration cancellation for nonpayment are alerted by email prior to the registration guarantee date to provide the opportunity to resolve their status. Those impacted by registration cancellation are notified by email as well. Re-enrollment guidance is provided at that time.
Students not intending to stay enrolled in classes should not rely on the Registration Cancellation for Nonpayment procedure to automatically remove course registration and related tuition & fees charges.
Meeting one or more of the following conditions will prevent registration cancellation for nonpayment:
- FAFSA in process with the University Apply online
- FAFSA data transmission to school takes 3-5 business days; send email confirmation info to Campus Hub if needed to meet timeline
- Payment of $300 or 15% of tuition and fees charges, whichever is less, applied directly to tuition or fees.
- Payment Information
- Select the Make a Payment option on e-services to apply your payment directly to your tuition and fees charges.
- Do not choose the Make a Prepayment option unless tuition and fees charges do not yet exist on your student account. Prepayments do not immediately apply directly to tuition and fees charges and will not guarantee your registration.
- Scholarships, third party payments, or tuition waivers reflected on the student’s account that meets the 15% or $300 minimum
- Enrollment in an automatic monthly payment plan through Nelnet/FACTS (credit card or ACH bank draft)
- Enrollment in payment plan takes 1-3 business days to reflect on student’s record; send email confirmation info to Campus Hub if needed to meet timeline
- Confirmation of graduate assistant tuition remission benefit from hiring department
Fall Semester 2022