Third Party Payments


If a third party agency is providing payment on behalf of a student for the cost of his/her university charges for tuition, student fees, course fees, textbooks, room/board, etc., the written authorization must be provided to us before the payment due date of each term.

Send authorizations (vouchers) to:

Student Financial Services
Minnesota State University, Mankato
120 Wigley Administration Center
Mankato, MN 56001

Minnesota State Mankato does not accept authorizations that specify that payment will be delayed until the final grades for the term are posted.


The third party authorization is recorded on the student’s account and the university invoices the third party agency. If the third party agency notifies the university that the authorization has been cancelled, the student then becomes financially liable for the university charges on his/her account.

Funding from third party agencies is considered financial assistance to the student. Therefore, the authorization amount is included in the student’s overall financial aid award package.

Examples of Third Party Agencies Include:

  • Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS/DVR)
  • Veterans Administration Rehabilitation
  • US Army (National Guard, Army Reserve, ROTC)
  • Private agencies (Mayo, Hull Foundation)
  • Jobs & Training
  • International Government Sponsorships
  • Minnesota State Mankato Departments