Report Faculty or Staff Concern

Report any concerns not covered by other reporting options, and related to faculty or staff.

The Minnesota State University, Mankato mission of promoting learning through effective undergraduate and graduate teaching, scholarship, and research in service to the state, the region, and the global community, carries with it a responsibility for faculty, staff, and students to act in a civil, respectful, and professional manner, and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.

The Workplace Environment, Code of Conduct HR/LR Policy 1445 Code of Ethical Conduct ( and Respectful Workplace Respectful Workplace ( are some of the policies that serve as a guide for professional behavior in all interactions both within and outside of the University.

You are encouraged to resolve issues informally and directly with the individual(s) involved whenever possible. In the event this informal and direct resolution is not possible, or is not successful, you are encouraged to work with your direct supervisor. Where the alleged wrongdoer is the supervisor, the concern can be shared with the next highest level of supervision. We recognize there are situations, even with your best intentions and efforts to resolve issues, when concerns may need to be brought forward to Human Resources for further consultation, guidance and problem solving.

Retaliation, reprisal, or intimidation in conjunction with a complaint is prohibited. If retaliation is suspected, this should be reported to Human Resources.

For employees who prefer to seek confidential, free guidance from an outside source, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available. The EAP provides services such as individual counseling, referral services, and organizational management services. For assistance with personal matters, call 1-800-657-3719 to speak to a professional counselor or visit the EAP website at: Work/Life Services / State of Minnesota (

You may use either of the following two methods to submit a report:

Contact the Human Resources Office at or 507-389-2015.
Upon submission of your report, your concern will be provided to an appropriate member of Human Resources who will review your report and contact you about your concern. If you require emergency assistance, please contact University Security at 507-389-2111 or dial 911.


Report Faculty or Staff Concern

Your information

Your status with the university

Witness Information

If this is in regard to an incident, was there a witness?

Witness Information

Witness Status with the university

Individual Information

Does this concern involve a specific individual?
The individual's status with the university

Concern / Incident Details

Have you adressed this concern with anyone previously?

By clicking the Submit Button I certify that the above statements are true and accurate.

By clicking the Submit Button I certify that the above statements are true and accurate.