Page address: https://www.mnsu.edu/access/rights/faculty.html
- Refer request for accommodations to Accessibility Resources.
- Forward any documentation provided by students to Accessibility Resources. (Or return to the student, shred, etc.—do not keep.)
- Announce at the beginning of the term: "Students who may need accommodation for a disability can make an appointment to see me during my office hours to discuss your needs." This approach preserves students' privacy and also indicates the willingness of the faculty member to provide assistance as needed.
- Confidentiality of all disability information is essential. At no time should the class be informed that a student has a disability, except at the student's expressed request. All disability documentation must be stored in Accessibility Resources.
- Promptly return signed Alternative Test Agreement forms to the Accessibility Resources office to assure efficient program coordination.
- Assertively recruit note takers after receiving notice from Accessibility Resources.
- Contact Julie Snow, Accessibility Resources Director at #1819 with questions, concerns or clarification if needed.