Online SurveysPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/its/academic/onlinesurveys.html
Online Survey Overview
Online surveys can be used by faculty, staff, and students for teaching, research, and administrative purposes. ITS supports two enterprise tools, Qualtrics and ClassClimate, which are both FERPA and HIPAA capable and can be used for a variety of purposes on campus.
These tools are fully supported. Contact the ITS Service Desk at 507.389.6654 for assistance.
- Qualtrics - Qualtrics, a new survey tool, is an industry standard research survey tool that is easy to use and incredibly powerful. Data can be collected and mined in very simple or extremely complex ways, depending on the needs of the survey owner.
- Excel Online - As part of our Office 365 package, you can use Excel Online to create simple surveys that take advantage of the power of Microsoft Excel for data analysis.
Staff Favorite Tools:
These tools are not supported. These are favorite tools of the ATS Staff and they may be able to offer assistance. Primary support is usually found on the websites for these tools.
- Survey Monkey- Survey Monkey is an online survey tool that allows users to create surveys without having to install any external software.
- Google Forms-Google Forms allow educators to create surveys with the results stored in a Google Drive Spreadsheet.
- Zoomerang- Zoomerang enables users to create, send and analyze results on-demand. Also, Zoomerang allows users to view survey samples, participate in online focus groups, and consult online panels for marketing purposes.
- SurveyGizmo- SurveyGizmo is survey-collecting software that inputs data gathered from online surveys and gives a number of effective solution examples based on the data.