Services OverviewPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/cdc/about/services.html
Services for students* and alumni**
- Individual appointments covering topics such as:
- Exploring Careers/Job Change
- Choosing or Changing Majors
- Resume or Cover Letter
- Part-time/Seasonal Job Search
- Internship Search
- Job Search
- Interviewing Tips & Strategies
- Practice Interview
- Grad School Planning
- Other Career-related issues
- CDC QuickStop walk-in hours for easy access to CDC Services
- No cost access to job and internship listings through MavJobs.com. Includes resume upload and online application capability.
- Up-to-date Career Resource Library including computers to be utilized for career exploration, job search activities and accessing online resources.
- An extensive website with numerous career exploration and job search links organized by location and academic major.
- Access to career events, on-campus recruiting, and job fairs.
- No cost access to the FOCUS online career assessment program.
- Information and assistance with planning for graduate and professional school.
- A comprehensive annual "Job Search Handbook" & "Handbook for Students Choosing or Changing Their Major"
* To qualify for services, students need to be currently enrolled OR officially confirm their enrollment OR have been enrolled in classes during the previous academic year.
** Alumni includes anyone who has achieved 64 credits or more at Minnesota State University, Mankato therefore reaching alumni status as defined by University Advancement. Alumni beyond one year of graduation are allowed one consulting appointment per calendar year.
Services for Prospective Students (those considering attending MSU)
- Visit our CDC website with numerous career exploration and job search links organized by location and academic major.
- Access our CDC Career Resource Library career and job search resources during office hours (8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. academic year; 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. summer).
- Those considering attending MSU should contact the MSU Admissions Office: 122 Taylor Center, 507-389-1822.