Compensation, Benefits, and Professional DevelopmentPage address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/employment/program_advisor/pdasocompensation.html
The Program Advisor and Summer Operations Coordinator is a part of the Minnesota State University Association of Administrative and Service Faculty (ASF). Our most recent MSUAASF Bargaining Unit contract can be found here.
The Program Advisor and Summer Operations Coordinator position is classified as "Range B" non-exempt position with a typical minimum salary of $37,770 based on experience.
Currently, ASF members shall be entitled to enrollment, on a space available basis, in courses at any Minnesota State state university without payment of tuition or fees, except laboratory fees and special course fees. Such enrollment shall not exceed twenty-seven (27) semester credit hours per fiscal year. For purposes of this section, a year begins the first day of fall semester and concludes the day before the beginning of the succeeding fall semester. The ASF member's spouse or dependent children shall be eligible to share this right within the limits established above, with waiver of tuition only. Eligible dependent is defined as a child (biological, adopted, step-child, or legal ward) of up the twenty-five (25) years of age.
ASF members currently receive a professional development allocation each year. During 2017-2018 members received $792.
Additional Residential Life Benefit
- Contemporary office furnishings and a Dell computer.
- A one bedroom furnished apartment, including local phone service, local digital cable service (with HBO), ethernet access, wifi, a washer and dryer located within the apartment: valued at $8,680.
- Our pet policy allows one cat, one bird, or many fish.
- A fiance, spouse or legally dependent children may share the apartment.
Professional Development Opportunities Within the Department of Residential Life
- Share your knowledge through training and educational presentations.
- Represent Residential Life through involvement with a variety of campus activities/events including, but not limited to Homecoming, Welcome Week, Family Weekend, Campus Environmental Committee, Search Commitees, and Bargaining Unit Representation.
- Join committees or present at Regional Student Affairs and Housing Conferences (including UMR, ATCCHA, MCPA).
We Are Proudly Associated With These Organizations:
- Association of College and University Housing Officers-International (ACUHO-I)
- Upper Midwest Region of the Association of College and University Housing Officers (UMR-ACUHO)
- American College Personnel Association/College Student Educators International (ACPA)
- Minnesota College Personnel Association (MCPA)
- National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH)
- Midwest Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls (MACURH)
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Association For Student Conduct Administrators (ASCA)
- Associated Twin Cities College Housing Administrators (ATCCHA)