Housing for 2019-2020Page address: https://www.mnsu.edu/reslife/housing/current/HousingForNextYear.html
It's Almost Time for You to Select Your Housing!
Current residents living in Residential Life Housing may sign up to live on campus next year beginning October 29, 2018. As a returning student, you will select your room for next year during Contract Renewal. Pay attention to the dates below to figure out when you can pick your room!
2019-2020 Contract Renewal Schedule
Monday, October 29 thru Sunday, November 4 - Same Room Renewal
Residents may sign up to live in the same room they are currently residing in for the 18-19 academic year.
Monday, November 5 thru Sunday, March 31 - Any Room Renewal
Residents may reserve a room in any location on campus (Crawford, McElroy, Julia Sears, Preska, or Stadium Heights).
Select Your Housing in the Housing & Dining Portal
- Step 1: Login to the E-Services using your StarID/password.
- Step 2: Select Housing & Dining in the left menu bar, which will redirect you to the Housing & Dining Portal.
- Step 3: Select Contract Renewal and complete the application, sign the Housing Contract, and pay your $250 prepayment.
- Step 4: Select a room (until 3/31).
Live With Your Friends
When you reserve housing online, you may ask for a specific roommate in two ways:
1. If your desired roommate is also a returning student, they should complete an application and select the same room as you (or different rooms within the same semi-suite/apartment).
2. If your desired roommate is a new student next year, it is to their advantage to complete their application as soon as possible. Both you and your desired roommate should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your preference to be placed together. Include the names and StarIDs of both you and your desired roommate. If we do not receive an e-mail from BOTH interested students, you will NOT be paired together.
If you do not request a specific roommate, the other space in your room will be available to other students.
March 4-31 you will be able to access Roommate Matching in the Housing & Dining Portal if you have not picked a room assignment. If you have already selected your room assignment and have found someone you would like to share a room with, contact our office and we can assist you in making this happen.
Changing Your Room Assignment
If you want to change your room assignment, stop by the Residential Life Office at 111 Carkoski Commons. Room changes must be completed in the Residential Life Office in person. Do NOT cancel your room and attempt to sign up again.
Resident Meal Plan Options
You will have the opportunity to choose your meal plan in the Housing & Dining Portal beginning February 4, 2019.
Having Problems Reserving Your Space?
Visit the Residential Life Office at 111 Carkoski Commons weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and we'll be happy to help you!
Is it More Expensive to Live On or Off Campus?
Like so many things, it depends on what your preferences are. There is a range of prices in on-campus housing just like there is in off-campus housing.
The University provides information to assist students in their housing transition, including information on apartment listings, renter rights and responsibilities, campus shuttle services, and city bus services at Off-Campus Housing.